Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) -- Indianapolis, Indiana
This $19 million high profile project in Indianapolis involved reconstructing a diamond interchange as a single point urban interchange. CHA and INDOT used an innovative bidding approach: alternate bidding of design-build versus design-bid-build and accelerated construction using road/bridge closure in lieu of phased construction. The project was built with only a 120-day closure.
The bridge was designed utilizing flared steel girder framing into the steel edge beams in order to accommodate this unique interchange geometry. The project won multiple awards, including being named among the American Association of State and Highway Transportation Officials’ best projects.
- ACEC Indiana 2013 Engineering Excellence Merit Award
- America’s Transportation Awards
- 2013 Ahead of Schedule Award
- America’s Transportation Awards 2013 Top 10 Finalist
Services Provided by CHA:
- Engineer of Record
- Preliminary Interchange Concepts and Layout
- Bridge and Roadway Engineering
- Final Contract Documents
- Construction Management