ASBESTOS HAZARD AWARENESS (2/4 HOURS)
This asbestos awareness training meets the training requirements specified in the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) and all of OSHA’s asbestos standards for individuals that work around asbestos-containing material or presumed asbestos-containing material (ACM/PACM). The employer must provide site specific information about the presence, location and quantity of ACMs in the building(s) where employees work.
Note: Additional training beyond this course is needed for individuals that contact and/or disturb ACM through such tasks as drilling, sanding, cutting, chipping or otherwise handling an ACM that is not intact.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
- Maintenance or custodial employees that work in a building or on a ship that contains ACMs
- A construction manager, engineer or tradesman that works in pre-1981 buildings or buildings with known ACMs
- Supervisors or administrative staff that work in schools or other buildings with ACMs
- Property or apartment managers that own or manage pre-1981 buildings or buildings with known ACMs
- Current or prospective homeowners that are seeking knowledge about asbestos
- Anyone who wants a base knowledge about asbestos